Sunday, March 18, 2012

It started with a crush.

We have all had our elementary school crushes... The cute kid you get little butterflies in your tummy when he walks by or by some chance glances at you during recess kickball. The only person's signature you really look forward to in your yearbook and hope they add a smiley face or even a heart. It was 5th grade... I was the biggest tomboy, I wore my brothers clothes and beat all the guys in kickball. He was one of my closest friends, but he made me feel like a girly girl when I saw him. He made me want to check my hair and make sure I didn't look too bad. I never did anything about it. I silently gawked after him for about a year. In 6th grade I started texting him from my best friends phone, I didn't have a phone yet. He was what you would call the typical little player. One day he was texting me while i was at my friends house and he asked me out. I felt incredible. I liked him so much. It was only the immature adorable puppy love... Everyone said we were so cute together. My dad has always been very strict about boyfriends so I kept it a secret from my parents. That was no big deal since I wasn't even close to the physical stuff yet I mean I would just sweat at the thought of holding his hand!! We would only see each other at school and school events. And the occasional Friday night skating rink. I hugged him for the first time at the skating rink when he won me a teddy bear in the claw machine... And I was left speechless after even hugging him. The butterflies in my tummy fluttered like crazy. I believe it was like our two month anniversary, he got me a necklace. That necklace felt like a million bucks to me even if he only spent ten bucks on it. We had our first break up over something completely dumb, I don't even remember what it was about, but my heart dropped when he dumped me. I went in my room and cried and cried. But my tears were more out of rage and I ripped that teddy bear into shreds with my bare hands. The next time I saw him I walked up to him in the school hallway and gave him back his necklace. I couldn't even look him in the eye. I couldn't... I was so vulnerable to those eyes. I thought I had a broken heart then but i had no idea what was ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment